What's the role?
Perform and supports the worldwide approval and certification process for power tools and batteries developed, supplied and/or manufactured in Asia.
Who is Hilti?
In case you’re new to the industry, you might not have heard of us. We provide leading-edge tools, technologies, software and services for the global construction sector. We have a proud heritage, built over 75 years, and a worldwide reputation for pioneering products and first-rate service. With more than 29,000 people in more than 120 countries, we’re a great place for you to show us your worth as you learn, grow and carve out your career.
What does the role involve?
1. Establish individually sound competency and knowledge of the certification and approval process of power tools (and batteries), relevant international and national codes and standards (e.g. UL, IEC) and corresponding electrical/functional safety aspects.
2. Establishing and maintaining internal network to certification and development department (e.g. HEG/HAG) as well as external to test/certification bodies (e.g. CSA) and corresponding authorities.
3. Accountable for following detailed tasks regarding the implementation of certification and approval of power tools (focus with development in Asia):
- Consulting product development/project teams and product care, so that products (e.g. power tools) meet requirements of relevant codes/standards, legal, and electrical/functional safety aspects
- Support in definition of product needs and testing procedures
- Moderation of product hazard analysis
- Managing, coordination and implementation of the necessary certification activities (new products/changes to products) and related tests/tasks in alignment with the certification bodies and internal stakeholders (certification, marketing, development)
- Alignment of product operating instructions together with technical writer/product manager
- Troubleshooting in the certification process internal, but also external with certification bodies.
What do we offer?
We’ll give you everything you need to excel in your role, including ongoing training and lots of responsibility from the start. In return for your exceptional performance and consistent results, you’ll receive one-to-one career mentoring, as well as exciting opportunities to broaden your role and potentially move around the business. This is the perfect place for a global career.
Why should you apply?
We have an excellent mix of people, which we believe makes for a more vibrant, more innovative, more productive team. So, if you’ve never worked in construction, that’s fine with us. Success at Hilti is down to teamwork and ability, no matter what your background.
What you need is:
1. Master degree preferrebly in electrical engineering or also mechanical engineering and several years (min. 3 years) of experience in development projects in an industrial environment.
2. Proficiency in English and Mandarin.
3. Experience in working within a global project team also with technicians and project members overseas.
4. Professional experience in electrical components, electronics, batteries and/or chargers and experience in certification work, codes/standards and product/application requirements.
5. Ability to maintain a network and communicate with external partners (e.g. test institutes and authorities).
6. Ability to work structured, independent and pro-active along processes within an interdisciplinary environment.
7. Distinct analytical capabilities, interpersonal and communication skills in international environment.
8. Mid/-long-term commitment with Hilti (at least 5 years) and on this position.
9. The person must be an absolute team player.
10. PC knowledge in all Microsoft Windows applications.