What's the role?
Design, analyze and improve components and complete mechanical product systems for consumable products within established Hilti policies, quality standards and guidelines as active part of a global project team. Identify functional, cost & performance targets for products and drive product design process towards these targets.
Who is Hilti?
In case you’re new to the industry, you might not have heard of us. We provide leading-edge tools, technologies, software and services for the global construction sector. We have a proud heritage, built over 75 years, and a worldwide reputation for pioneering products and first-rate service. With more than 29,000 people in more than 120 countries, we’re a great place for you to show us your worth as you learn, grow and carve out your career.
What does the role involve?
1. Main scope of this position is to take the development role in projects, which have the majority of the project team located in ACDS and do not have a strong link to P8 and/or supply base in the Guangdong province.
2. Carry out development work for components and complete mechanical product systems for consumable products from concept design to release of mass production line.
3. Building up sound competence regarding technical/physical function of the product systems, their materials and production processes, customer applications for these products, their design, testing & evaluation methods (incl. standards& norms and external 3rd party evaluations).
4. Active, self-responsible part in global project teams. Work in close cooperation with other functions like quality, sourcing, manufacturing plants, marketing.
5. Work according to systematic methods and internal Hilti as well as external standards in sense of quality and costs. Analyse, condense and report development results and derive recommendations for next steps.
6. Professional management of the development related tasks & risks in the projects. Take necessary steps to ensure proper planning and tracking of the development steps. Review and clarify accuracy of specifications. Take care of all development documentation.
What do we offer?
We’ll give you everything you need to excel in your role, including ongoing training and lots of responsibility from the start. In return for your exceptional performance and consistent results, you’ll receive one-to-one career mentoring, as well as exciting opportunities to broaden your role and potentially move around the business. This is the perfect place for a global career.
Why should you apply?
We have an excellent mix of people, which we believe makes for a more vibrant, more innovative, more productive team. So, if you’ve never worked in construction, that’s fine with us. Success at Hilti is down to teamwork and ability, no matter what your background.
What you need is:
- 1. University graduate (mechanical engineering/materials, automation or related).
- 2. Minimum 5 years’ experience in mechanical component design & manufacturing.
- 3. Proficiency in English and Mandarin.
- 4. Experience in working with CAD Software mandatory (Unigraphics NX preferable), experience in working with PDM-systems preferable.
- 5. PC knowledge in all Microsoft Windows applications.
- 6. High innovation and problem-solving skills with a drive to implement solutions.
- 7. Analytical and organizational skills.
- 8. Good communication skills and experiences with commercial companies.
- 9. Good business presentation skills.