What's the role?
Design of electrical power tools, modules and components based on agreed product concepts and specifications during development, re-sourcing and product care projects.
Who is Hilti?
In case you’re new to the industry, you might not have heard of us. We provide leading-edge tools, technologies, software and services for the global construction sector. We have a proud heritage, built over 75 years, and a worldwide reputation for pioneering products and first-rate service. With more than 29,000 people in more than 120 countries, we’re a great place for you to show us your worth as you learn, grow and carve out your career.
What does the role involve?
1. Take an active part in developing power tools in cooperation with the development teams in Asia and Europe.
2. Carry out the design work for components and complete units of power tools and accessories.
3. Building up sound competence regarding technical/physical function of the tools and its design methods to ensure the right interpretation of test results regarding function and reliability in different applications.
4. Optimize the design of the tools and their components in a systematic way to fulfill Hilti standards in sense of quality and costs.
5. Report all results and findings and give recommendations for improvements, further actions and design adaptions to the team.
6. Take necessary steps to ensure proper planning and management of the design steps. Review and clarify accuracy of specifications coming from the German development center.
7. Ensure a close relationship with Hilti teams, the plants and Supplier during the development process.
8. Take care of the complete documentation of the design results.
What do we offer?
We’ll give you everything you need to excel in your role, including ongoing training and lots of responsibility from the start. In return for your exceptional performance and consistent results, you’ll receive one-to-one career mentoring, as well as exciting opportunities to broaden your role and potentially move around the business. This is the perfect place for a global career.
Why should you apply?
We have an excellent mix of people, which we believe makes for a more vibrant, more innovative, more productive team. So, if you’ve never worked in construction, that’s fine with us. Success at Hilti is down to teamwork and ability, no matter what your background.
What you need is:
- 1. University graduate (min. bachelor degree in mechanical engineering) with 3+ years working experience in development environment as plastic or mechanical designer.
- 2. Excellent technical understanding of electromechanical systems.
- 3. Proficiency in English is a must
- 4. Excellence in working with CAD Software better is Unigraphics NX or other CAD Softwares
- 5. Experience in working with PDM systems preferable.
- 6. Experience in power tool design, in particular:
- - Experience in designing complex plastic parts with 3D free-form surfaces — for Plastic components design
- - Experience in designing complex mechanical systems, such as gears and hammering mechanisms. — for mechanical components design
- 7. Analytical and organizational skills.
- 8. Superior PC knowledge in all Microsoft Windows applications.
- 9. The candidate must be mature, initiative, independent and proactive.
- 10. Open minded for changes and new experiences.
- 11. Excellent interpersonal and communication skills.
- 12. Able to deal with intercultural problems.
- 13. Experience to work with European or/and Overseas technicians.