What's the role?
Design of electrical powertools, modules and components based on agreed product concepts and specifications during development, re-sourcing and product care projects.
Who is Hilti?
If you’re new to the industry, you might not have heard of us. We provide leading-edge tools, technologies, software and services for the global construction sector. We have a proud heritage, built over 75 years, and a worldwide reputation for pioneering products and exceptional service. With some 25,000 people in more than 120 countries, which we’re looking to expand, we’re a great place for you to show us your worth, step up to new challenges and grow your career.
What does the role involve?
1. Take an active part in developing power tools in cooperation with the development teams in Asia and Europe.
2. Carry out the design work for components and complete units of power tools and accessories.
3. Building up sound competence regarding technical/physical function of the tools and its design methods to ensure the right interpretation of test results regarding function and reliability in different applications.
4. Optimize the design of the tools and their components in a systematic way to fulfill Hilti standards in sense of quality and costs.
5. Report all results and findings and give recommendations for improvements, further actions and design adaptions to the team.
6. Building up competence in Shanghai and synchronize the results with European standards.
7. Take necessary steps to ensure proper planning and management of the design steps. Review and clarify accuracy of specifications coming from the German development center.
8. Ensure a close relationship with Hilti teams, the plants and Supplier during the development process.
9. Take care of the complete documentation of the design results.
What do we offer?
Show us what you’re made of and we’ll offer you opportunities to move around the business – to work abroad, experience different job functions and tackle different markets. It’s a great way to find the right match for your ambitions and achieve the exciting career you’re after.
Why should you apply?
We have an excellent mix of people, which we believe makes for a more vibrant, more innovative, more productive team.
What you need is:
- 1. University graduate (min. bachelor degree in mechanical engineering) with 3+ years working experience in development environment of power tools.
- 2. Excellent technical understanding of electromechanical systems.
- 3. Proficiency in English is a must.Analytical and organizational skills.
- 4. Superior PC knowledge in all Microsoft Windows applications.
- 5. The candidate must be mature, initiative, independent and proactive.
- 6. Excellent interpersonal and communication skills.
- 7. The person must be a team player.
- 8. Open minded for changes and new experiences.
- 9. Able to deal with intercultural problems.
“I love the fact that my job isn’t just technical. It involves planning and dealing with people too. The culture is brilliant. It’s challenging, yes, but it’s friendly and welcoming too. It’s all about teamwork, and your ideas are really taken on board.”