Head of Business Development and Lean
What's the role?
• Leading business development related strategic projects and achieving outstanding results
• Responsible for creating / implementation / improving standards within the Lean Manufacturing environment, leading and managing initiatives in plant and across the value stream chain, improving all manufacturing related processes as well as training and educating management team, and team members in the plant.
• Driving Lean Manufacturing initiatives across all units to create sustainable value and resulting bottom line impact as better, faster and more cost competitiveness.
Who is Hilti?
If you’re new to the industry, you might not have heard of us. We provide leading-edge tools, technologies, software and services for the global construction sector. We have a proud heritage, built over 75 years, and a worldwide reputation for pioneering products and exceptional service. With some 27,000 people in more than 120 countries, which we’re looking to expand, we’re a great place for you to show us your worth, step up to new challenges and grow your career.
What does the role involve?
1. Leads strategic projects related to business development of Plant 88 and drives the operative implementation and deployment of projects
2. Leads to build up, develop and continuously define and review lean strategy/roadmap of P88/ADS/ACDS, and drives the operative implementation
3. Develops the local lean training program, conducts training sessions and drives local lean exchange. Train and coach team leaders and members in P88/ADS/ACDS to develop their skills and improve their experience enabling them to internalise a Lean mindset and to take over responsibility for lean topics in their area.
4. Develops and supports the implementation of f overall lean standards, drives and supports daily CIP without blame culture, conducts on site coaching and promotes self-reliance.
5. Creates a relationship based on trust to the workforce (prerequisite for coaching and challenge the status-quote enable to pull management/employees out of their comfort zone for driving continuous change).
6. Coach and develop team members and lean change agents of P88/ADS/ACDS
7. Actively exchanges with business developers of Global Manufacturing and Global Lean Community
8. Cooperate with all stakeholders (e.g. other plants, logistics, sourcing, BU, MO, suppliers) and strive for the best solution for the business development of P88.
What do we offer?
Show us what you’re made of and we’ll offer you opportunities to move around the business – to work abroad, experience different job functions and tackle different markets. It’s a great way to find the right match for your ambitions and achieve the exciting career you’re after.
Why should you apply?
We have an excellent mix of people, which we believe makes for a more vibrant, more innovative, more productive team.
What you need is:
- Minimum Experience & Qualifications
- Functional Expertise
- • Major in industry engineering, bachelor degree or above
- • Broad experience in production operations, lean manufacturing and conceptual projects
- • Min. 10 years working experience and min. 5 years leading an operation in an international manufacturing environment
- • Track record in implementing Lean and leading strategic projects
- • Expertise in Lean tools and methods (e.g. 5S, SMED, Value Stream Analysis, TPM etc.)
- • Experience in leading and managing international teams
- • Excellent English communication skills
- • Coaching, facilitating, training and train-the-trainer skills
- Understanding the Business
- • Experience in a highly customer oriented industry
- • Experience in a management and/or senior expert function of a Global Supply Chain function
- • Sound understanding manufacturing network as well as Supply Chain and interfaces to other processes
- Understanding and Defining what needs to be done
- • Is capable to work in a matrix organization and define targets between the interests of different parts of the plant organization (e.g. other plants, logistics, sourcing)
- • Structured and well organised with analytical skills
- • Problem-solving attitude and good communication skills
- • Result oriented, willingness to change, innovative and proactive
- Getting things done
- • Ability to detect and raise problems and relevant topics in a complex organisational set-up
- • Communicates and implements standards and improvements
- • Drives the projects in the different parts of the plant organization
- • Delegates to the project teams and the operation, but provides hands-on support when required
- • Able to convince, drive, challenge, sell and coach across the organization
- • Mature Leadership skills in an international environment and change management
- Working with others
- • Effective interpersonal and communication skills across all internal and external levels and functions as well as capable to interact in diverse cultural environments
- • Is a team player and convinces and motivates
- • High integrity in all situations
- Developing yourself and others
- • Identifies development potential for her/himself and the Lean community
- • Coaches Junior/ Lean Managers, Change Agents as well as peers