Head of Quality
What's the role?
The role of Head of quality is responsible for Quality management of Hilti Plant 8 in Zhanjiang, China.
Who is Hilti?
If you’re new to the industry, you might not have heard of us. We provide leading-edge tools, technologies, software and services for the global construction sector. We have a proud heritage, built over 75 years, and a worldwide reputation for pioneering products and exceptional service. With more than 30,000 people in more than 120 countries, we’re a great place for you to show us your worth as you learn, grow and carve-out your career.
What does the role involve?
• Anticipate business challenges in the upcoming years and derived complex strategic quality big pictures and initiatives through cross-functional initiatives based global quality and company strategy;
• Understand & promote voice of customer (VOC) in new product /improvement-projects, drive effective quality risk analysis to ensure stable and capable process before serious production;
• Install “stop and fix” root cause based quality culture plant wide, drive quality operation excellence and quality CIP improvements across all manufacturing processes to stabilize our quality system with effective PDCA, being close to and respect shop floor operators;
• Ensure proactive vendor quality control and robust quality management process in technology driven environments;
• Attract and develop passionate talents, build a strong team and develop a healthy succession pipeline for the organization under global network;
• Quickly learn new technologies and concepts and demonstrate the ability to build upon the new knowledge. Proactively teach your knowledge with team members;
• Strong collaboration & teamwork within the plant and other functions as well as BU key stakeholder globally, proactively request for feedback.
What do we offer?
We’ll trust you and give you the freedom and autonomy to do whatever it takes to deliver outstanding results. Go beyond our expectations and we’ll reward you with unrivalled opportunities for personal development and career progression.
Why should you apply?
We have an excellent mix of people, which we believe makes for a more vibrant, more innovative, more productive team. So, if you’ve never worked in construction, that’s fine with us. Success at Hilti is down to teamwork and ability, no matter what your background.
What you need is:
- Strategic mindset, analytical skills to gather appropriate information and analyze it to develop and implement effective business strategies;
- Entrepreneurial spirit with goal-oriented and open mindset, disciplined executer, high drive to explore new fields and willingness to leave personal comfort zone to grow;
- Strong and logic decision making ability and action oriented, proven structure problem-solving skills in technical and business issues;
- Attract top talent and develop talent, recruit, train and motivate team members, drive proactive succession planning while feeding global pipeline with internationally mobile talent;
- More than 8 to 10 years of senior operation, plant manager or quality director with foreign invested company, solid people leadership experiences, international study or working experience, cold forming/ machinery experiences preferred;
- Engineering degree with China’s or overseas leading university;
- Fluent English and mandarin are essential, good moderation, networking and communication skills .
Join us! Welcome to Hilti Zhanjiang!