Materials Planning Officer
What's the role?
To manage the flow of materials within A1 for a specific Business Unit ensuring that there is an optimization of stock and service level at all locations in line with company objectives.
Who is Hilti?
If you’re new to our industry, you might not have heard of us. We provide leading-edge tools, technologies, software and services for the global construction sector. We have a proud heritage, built over 75 years, and a worldwide reputation for pioneering products and exceptional service. With 30,000 people in more than 120 countries, and annual sales of more than £2.7 billion, we’re a great place for you to show us your worth as you learn, grow and carve-out your career.
What does the role involve?
1. Facilitate Sales and Operations Planning (S&OP) by partnering Sales, Marketing and Finance to create a consensus sales forecast which steers the Supply Chain taking into consideration different plans and scenarios to achieve targeted sales and deliver performance
2. Plan, forecast and release of purchasing orders to ensure targeted product availability at optimum inventory levels with pro-active management of system / planning alerts
3. Manage all stock shortages ensuring that appropriate action is taken to resolve with minimum cost impact and maximum attention to customer service
4. Management of open customer orders until delivery including complaint management
5. Responsible for inventory management of assigned products within the A1 Warehouse’s to ensure that service and net working capital targets are met
6. Prime link between Materials Management and Sales & Product Management ensuring all projects, events and phase-in / phase-out items are planned effectively and the introduction of new products (INP) process is fully understood and executed on time
7. Be primary driver of marketing efforts to reduce obsolescence (obsolescence pre-warning, sell-offs, pruning).
Stock Availability (Availability to Standard - ATS)
Customer Satisfaction (Customer Perfect Order internal - CPOi)
Inventory Net Working Capital (Days on Hand)
What do we offer?
Your responsibilities will be great and, with them, we’ll give you the freedom and autonomy to do whatever it takes to deliver outstanding results. Go beyond our expectations and we’ll reward you with unrivalled opportunities for personal development and career progression as soon as you’re ready for the next challenge.
Why should you apply?
We have an excellent mix of people, which we believe makes for a more vibrant, more innovative, more productive team. So, if you’ve never worked in construction, that’s fine with us. Success at Hilti is down to teamwork, ability and competitive drive, no matter what your background.
What you need is:
1. Bachelor’s degree with 2 year of working experience. Major in Business Management, Supply Chain, Project Management is an advantage. Master’s degree is preferred.
2. Fluent in English
3. Excellent in MS-office software application, familiar with ERP system, SAP/APO is a plus.
4. Good communication skill and data analysis ability
5. Proactive, self-motivated and able to solve problems quickly and effectively
“You get a unique opportunity to experience all different functions of the supply chain – and, for many people, to do it overseas. We really encourage our teams to challenge the way things are done. If you can make a process simpler, do it, show us.”