Project Manager-Tool Service Engineering
What's the role?
Responsible for managing dedicated tool segment repair lifecycle. Ensure best repair by bringing quality, time & cost into balance and implementation of repair standards. Act as entrepreneurial business partner to BU, Quality and AMS Service Areas. Take AMS product ownership to identify potentials and implement improvements during repair lifecycle. Single global point of contact for regional engineering requests.
Who is Hilti?
In case you’re new to the industry, you might not have heard of us. We provide leading-edge tools, technologies, software and services for the global construction sector. We have a proud heritage, built over 75 years, and a worldwide reputation for pioneering products and first-rate service. With more than 29,000 people in more than 120 countries, we’re a great place for you to show us your worth as you learn, grow and carve out your career.
What does the role involve?
1. Lead service lifecycle management for a category of electrical tools.
2. Core team member for development of new products (TTM).
3. Apply the Tool Service Engineering process for all TTM projects and involve/coordinate stakeholders from the service community where needed.
4. Implement the “design to service” and “serviceability” concept prior and within the TTM process.
5. Definition and implementation of global service concepts and standards.
6. Define and classify spare parts within the TTM and maintain them until repair stop.
7. Generate and establish service knowledge and implement training concepts to transfer the service knowledge to the Service Areas
8. Take ownership for tool category during repair lifecycle, identify potentials and implement improvements
9. Define and drive implementation of actions to ensure best economical repair by balancing: repair costs, repair quality and repair time.
10. Create, implement and improve Repair Standards for all tools.
11. Standardize service processes and service tools (including diagnosis and final tests).
12. Active sparring partner within AMS community & BU (TTM, Quality, Product Care).
13. Lead global projects based on strategic initiatives.
What do we offer?
We’ll give you everything you need to excel in your role, including ongoing training and lots of responsibility from the start. In return for your exceptional performance and consistent results, you’ll receive one-to-one career mentoring, as well as exciting opportunities to broaden your role and potentially move around the business. This is the perfect place for a global career.
Why should you apply?
We have an excellent mix of people, which we believe makes for a more vibrant, more innovative, more productive team. So, if you’ve never worked in construction, that’s fine with us. Success at Hilti is down to teamwork and ability, no matter what your background.
What you need is:
- Master Degree in Engineering (e.g. Mechatronics or Electrical).
- Minimum 3 years of relevant professional experience in a technical environment.
- Experience in an international environment and working with different stakeholders.
- Strong conceptual competence and organizational skills.
- Sound system expertise in MS Office, SAP, Jira.
- Fluent English required, German is beneficial.
- Good communication and presentation skills.
- Team player.
- PMP certificate a plus.