Sr. GL Accountant
What's the role?
Leadership & Performance management
- Understand the General ledger KPIs (key performance indicators) and derive improvements for the General Ledger processes
- Support Team Leader in the onboarding & training of GL accountants/peers & employees in the entities in scope to drive operational excellence & compliance
Process / Service level management
- Perform compliant General ledger processes and consistent and correct financial bookings in the area of month end closing year end closing (MEC/YEC), Fixed assets, GL Master data, Intercompany, tax. Maintain a full set of books and ledgers
- Review & keep balance sheet up to date and post accurate accruals, prepayments and provisions
- Be a sparring partner for the FBPs by linking business decisions to accounting processes and by delivering and improving agreed General
- Ledger services to the entities in scope
- Identify and drive GL process and service level improvements using continuous improvement (CIP) tools and best suited technologies
- Consistently challenge the status quo, act as change agent in the Shared Service Center
- Recognize and exploit GL process related opportunities within the Shared Service Center
Compliance & Risk
- Ensure compliance with group Finance Manual and external legal requirements & deadlines
- Operate General Ledger related ICS (Internal Control System) controls and ensure consistent filing
- Answer to requests from internal & external auditors
- Act as local process expert (LPE) to drive operational excellence in GL topics
- Take on project manager role to implement system enhancement and process improvement
Who is Hilti?
If you’re new to our industry, you might not have heard of us. We provide leading-edge tools, technologies, software and services for the global construction sector. We have a proud heritage, built over 75 years, and a worldwide reputation for pioneering products and exceptional service. With 30,000 people in more than 120 countries, and annual sales of more than £2.7 billion, we’re a great place for you to show us your worth as you learn, grow and carve-out your career.
What does the role involve?
The purpose of the role is to ensure that all financial bookings are consistent, accurate, and finalized in time according to group guidelines. The role involves advising and training the business partners on accounting guidelines and new regulations e.g. International Financial Reporting Standards (IFRS).
Scope: Elevated role in General Ledger - end-to-end responsibility for closing; additional responsibilities include: supports with projects, acts as assistant team lead, and/or responsible for key user tasks. Typically brings education, experience, and accounting certification to the role (e.g., CPA, ACCA, CIMA).
What do we offer?
Your responsibilities will be great and, with them, we’ll give you the freedom and autonomy to do whatever it takes to deliver outstanding results. Go beyond our expectations and we’ll reward you with unrivalled opportunities for personal development and career progression as soon as you’re ready for the next challenge.
Why should you apply?
We have an excellent mix of people, which we believe makes for a more vibrant, more innovative, more productive team. So, if you’ve never worked in construction, that’s fine with us. Success at Hilti is down to teamwork, ability and competitive drive, no matter what your background.
What you need is:
- Functional expertise (Business, General Ledger, E2E processes Finance, x-functions)
- To have strong attention to detail and excellent follow-through skills
- To have a proactive mindset
- To be result-oriented, top performer who consistently meets and exceeds goals
- A willingness and ability towards continuous learning
- To work in collaboration with highly diverse teams
- An entrepreneurial mindset and an early adopter mentality
- Willingness to travel (limited to entity visits, process weeks, …)
- Bachelor or master’s degree in business, Finance or similar or equivalent finance qualification
- CICPA/ACCA/CIMA/CPA (or similar) qualification (partly qualified may also be considered)
- At least 5 years of proven experience in financial accounting/General Ledger function within a multinational Shared Service Center
- Functional expertise and ERP system & tools knowledge to operate General Ledger processes incl. month end closing (MEC) and year end closing (YEC).
- Evidence of acting as business partner through influencing finance & non-finance stakeholders and successfully communicate with them
- English written & verbal communication skills
- Expertise in SAP S/4
- Expertise in MS office suite
- Knowledge of IFRS standards
- Effective communication & presentation skills
- Business partnering (can do attitude, pro-activeness, stakeholder focused, solution oriented), negotiating & influencing skills
- Entrepreneurial thinking & innovative
- Attention to detail
“There’s a real family spirit and you can literally knock on any director’s door at any time. Also your line manager will work very hard to help you develop your skills, both professionally and personally.”