Supplier Quality Engineer
What's the role?
Lead the qualification of supplier parts with full responsibility for your own supplier portfolio.
Who is Hilti?
In case you’re new to the industry, you might not have heard of us. We provide leading-edge tools, technologies, software and services for the global construction sector. We have a proud heritage, built over 75 years, and a worldwide reputation for pioneering products and first-rate service. With more than 29,000 people in more than 120 countries, we’re a great place for you to show us your worth as you learn, grow and carve out your career.
What does the role involve?
Lead the qualification of supplier parts by APQP with full responsibility for your own supplier portfolio
Execute and solve supply quality issues on site by 8D process
Collaborate with Hilti project management with local and overseas colleagues for new product implementation.
Challenge Hilti design engineers with your experience on design for manufacturing to balance the risks between suppliers and development.
Align measurement concepts on Hilti & supply site
Lead one quality improvement project per year in your full responsibility
What do we offer?
We’ll give you everything you need to excel in your role, including ongoing training and lots of responsibility from the start. In return for your exceptional performance and consistent results, you’ll receive one-to-one career mentoring, as well as exciting opportunities to broaden your role and potentially move around the business. This is the perfect place for a global career.
Why should you apply?
We have an excellent mix of people, which we believe makes for a more vibrant, more innovative, more productive team. So, if you’ve never worked in construction, that’s fine with us. Success at Hilti is down to teamwork and ability, no matter what your background.
What you need is:
- Bachelor’s degree in mechanical or industrial engineering.
- minimum 3 years working experience in at least one of these areas (supply management, quality management).
- Fluent in English & Mandarin.
- Specialist in at least one of the manufacturing processes: Diecasting, machining, hot/cold-forging, plastic injection molding, heat treatment, stamping, gear manufacturing.
- preferred experience in an international company.
- Product development & Engineering experience is appreciated.
- Frequent traveling to suppliers and OEM partners within Mainland China around 40%.