What's the role?
Fulfil tactical and strategic sourcing responsibilities for relevant material group(s) and suppliers
Who is Hilti?
In case you’re new to the industry, you might not have heard of us. We provide leading-edge tools, technologies, software and services for the global construction sector. We have a proud heritage, built over 75 years, and a worldwide reputation for pioneering products and first-rate service. With more than 29,000 people in more than 120 countries, we’re a great place for you to show us your worth as you learn, grow and carve out your career.
What does the role involve?
1. Take charge of purchasing activities in new product development, localization, and resourcing projects related to respective material groups including (but not limited to)
• tendering of new business, applying advanced purchasing methods (e.g., reverse auctions);
• proper planning of all purchasing related activities;
• monitoring of all changes with potential cost impact and keeping cost below previously agreed cost targets;
• ensuring good collaboration between suppliers and Hilti functions;
• securing enough production capacity at suppliers;
2. Develop the relevant material group strategies in alignment with the Strategic Supply Manager or Team Lead;
3. Develop and maintain relationships to suppliers, organize regular management reviews with suppliers, oversee and drive for continuous improvement of supplier KPIs;
4. Conduct supply market research activities for respective material groups and identify relevant suppliers and support to qualify new suppliers in line with needs identified in material group strategy;
5. Consistently improve material cost productivity by regularly negotiating prices with suppliers and driving additional savings initiatives;
6. Secure continuous supply by identifying and implementing preventive measures and addressing supply issues when they arise;
7. Ensure proper business interruption risk mitigation across respective portfolio, Code of Conduct compliance, and contract coverage with suppliers according to our established standards.
What do we offer?
We’ll give you everything you need to excel in your role, including ongoing training and lots of responsibility from the start. In return for your exceptional performance and consistent results, you’ll receive one-to-one career mentoring, as well as exciting opportunities to broaden your role and potentially move around the business. This is the perfect place for a global career.
Why should you apply?
We have an excellent mix of people, which we believe makes for a more vibrant, more innovative, more productive team. So, if you’ve never worked in construction, that’s fine with us. Success at Hilti is down to teamwork and ability, no matter what your background
What you need is:
- Bachelor’s or master’s degree in Engineering, Business Administration or similar.
- 5-7 years of strategic purchasing experience or in a related field in an international – ideally in an industrial – environment. Motor and motor components supply experience preferred.
- Proficient use of English and Mandarin in business contexts.
- Advanced communication and negotiation skills.