Supply Manager -- Mechanical
What's the role?
We’re looking for a passionate Supply Manager for our purchasing department in Shanghai. We belong to the Asian Development and Supply organization in Hilti’s power tool business. You will drive the purchasing activities for part of our portfolio of power tool accessories, thereby contributing to our ability to differentiate, to deliver, and to remain competitive.
Who is Hilti?
In case you’re new to the industry, you might not have heard of us. We provide leading-edge tools, technologies, software and services for the global construction sector. We have a proud heritage, built over 75 years, and a worldwide reputation for pioneering products and first-rate service. With more than 29,000 people in more than 120 countries, we’re a great place for you to show us your worth as you learn, grow and carve out your career.
What does the role involve?
1. Participate in project implementations, new product introductions (TTM), re-sourcing projects, etc. and take necessary steps to ensure proper planning, procurement and management of product. Review and clarify accuracy of specifications in HSA coming from either the BA’s, BU‘s, plants or Corporate Sourcing.
3. Support to develop a MG strategy for products covered to achieve target.
4. Undertake ongoing activities to ensure fulfilment (e.g., collect and review data on suppliers, analyse and monitor variances, review supplier progress against project milestones, undertake preventive problem-solving measures, etc.).
5. Achieve company targets of cost reduction, OTD, PPM and improve the Company profitability via negotiations, value analysis activities and working with other Hilti entities.
6. Work according to SCM1.1, SCM1.2 strategic, tactical and supply.
7. Ensure the Hilti business to avoid corruption.
What do we offer?
We’ll give you everything you need to excel in your role, including ongoing training and lots of responsibility from the start. In return for your exceptional performance and consistent results, you’ll receive one-to-one career mentoring, as well as exciting opportunities to broaden your role and potentially move around the business. This is the perfect place for a global career.
Why should you apply?
We have an excellent mix of people, which we believe makes for a more vibrant, more innovative, more productive team. So, if you’ve never worked in construction, that’s fine with us. Success at Hilti is down to teamwork and ability, no matter what your background.
What you need is:
- What you need is:
- • Bachelor’s or master’s degree in Engineering, Business Administration or similar
- • 3-5 years of strategic purchasing experience or in a related field in an international environment
- • Proficient use of English and Mandarin in business contexts
- • Advanced communication and negotiation skills