Technical Project Manager
What's the role?
• Identify functional, cost & performance targets for products and drive and take liability for product realization towards these targets on time and within budget. Design, analyse and improve components and complete mechanical product systems for consumable products within established Hilti policies, quality standards and guidelines as active part of a global project team.
• Main scope of this position is to take the development role in projects for A1 PLS projects, where project setup is focused towards fast introduction of a product solution.
Who is Hilti?
In case you’re new to the industry, you might not have heard of us. We provide leading-edge tools, technologies, software and services for the global construction sector. We have a proud heritage, built over 75 years, and a worldwide reputation for pioneering products and first-rate service. With more than 29,000 people in more than 120 countries, we’re a great place for you to show us your worth as you learn, grow and carve out your career.
What does the role involve?
1. Conduct market/application research in project definition phases to ensure quality of DDs/PSVs.
2. Carry out concept development with scenario technique, work out outlooks for performance, costs, invests and timeline of design concepts to prepare management decision.
3. Carry out development work (product realization) for components and complete mechanical product systems for consumable products from concept design to release of mass production line.
4. Professional management of the development related tasks & risks in the projects. Take necessary steps to ensure proper planning and tracking of the development steps. Review and clarify accuracy of specifications. Take care of all development documentation.
5. Building up sound competence regarding technical/physical function of the product systems, their materials and production processes, customer applications for these products, their design, testing & evaluation methods (incl. standards& norms and also external 3rd party evaluations).
6. Active, self-responsible part in global project teams. Work in close cooperation with other functions like quality, sourcing, manufacturing plants, marketing.
7. Work according to systematic methods and internal Hilti as well as external standards in sense of quality and costs. Analyse, condense and report development results and derive recommendations for next steps.
8. Transfer own knowhow to young team members, take active coaching role for functional expertice, daily work organization and project business.
What do we offer?
We’ll give you everything you need to excel in your role, including ongoing training and lots of responsibility from the start. In return for your exceptional performance and consistent results, you’ll receive one-to-one career mentoring, as well as exciting opportunities to broaden your role and potentially move around the business. This is the perfect place for a global career.
Why should you apply?
We have an excellent mix of people, which we believe makes for a more vibrant, more innovative, more productive team. So, if you’ve never worked in construction, that’s fine with us. Success at Hilti is down to teamwork and ability, no matter what your background.
What you need is:
- Competence in product development and project management, especially direct customer contact for aligning product specifications, minimum 5 years working experience.
- University graduate (mechanical engineering).
- Proficiency in English and Mandarin.
- High innovation and problem-solving skills with a drive to implement solutions.
- Analytical and organizational skills.
- Experience in working with CAD Software mandatory (Unigraphics NX preferable), experience in working with PDM-systems preferable.
- PC knowledge in all Microsoft Windows applications.