Technical Project Manger
What's the role?
Leading of development projects for highly innovative products (Power Tools) in P88 and for global sourcing from definition phase to hand over to product care. Responsible to achieve the quality and cost targets in the project time line. Design of parts, modules and tools based on agreed product concepts and specification during development, re-sourcing and product care projects within established Hilti policies, quality standards and guidelines. Establish Hilti quality standards and development guidelines.
Who is Hilti?
If you’re new to the industry, you might not have heard of us. We provide leading-edge tools, technologies, software and services for the global construction sector. We have a proud heritage, built over 75 years, and a worldwide reputation for pioneering products and exceptional service. With some 27,000 people in more than 120 countries, which we’re looking to expand, we’re a great place for you to show us your worth, step up to new challenges and grow your career.
What does the role involve?
1. Target oriented leading of Time To Money projects from definition of specifications to hand over to product care in cooperation with the development teams in Asia and Europe.
2. Close communication with project teams and team members in Europe and coordination of the tasks between Plant 88, Shanghai, and Europe.
3. Check out the design work (3D-CAD) for parts, components and complete units of power tools and accessories according to the concepts provided by the German and Asia (P88) development centres.
4. Building up competence regarding technical/physical function of the tools and its design methods to ensure to right interpretation of test results regarding function and reliability in different applications.
5. Optimize the design of the tools and their components in a systematic way to fulfil Hilti standards in sense of quality and costs and regulation requirements and adapted to capabilities of local suppliers regarding available technologies and materials.
6. Report all results and findings and give recommendations for improvements, further actions and design adaptions to the design teams.
7. Take necessary steps to ensure proper planning and management of the project steps. Responsible for the complete documentation of the project results.
8. Ensure a close relationship with Hilti teams, the plants and suppliers during the development process.
What do we offer?
Show us what you’re made of and we’ll offer you opportunities to move around the business – to work abroad, experience different job functions and tackle different markets. It’s a great way to find the right match for your ambitions and achieve the exciting career you’re after.
Why should you apply?
We have an excellent mix of people, which we believe makes for a more vibrant, more innovative, more productive team
What you need is:
- 1. University graduate (mechanical engineering) with at least 7 years experience in an industrial environment.
- 2. Experiences as project manager in technology projects, preferably in Power Tools development.
- 3. Proficiency in English.
- 4. Experiences in self-depended supporting of international internal and external partners.
- 5. Highly self-responsible, Professional skills and analytical thinking.
- 6. Experienced in working with CAD Software Unigraphics NX.
- 7. Knowledge in power tool design.
- 8. Analytical and organisatoric skills.
- 9. Experience in Chinese is highly preferable.
- 10. Superior PC knowledge in all Microsoft Windows applications.
- 11. The candidate must be mature, initiative, independent and proactive.
- 12. Excellent interpersonal, presentation and communication skills.
- 13. The person must be an absolute team player.
- 14. Open minded for changes and new experiences.
- 15. Able to cope with intercultural problems.
“At Hilti, I feel I can genuinely help my customers do their work more effectively. At the end of the day, I feel my job makes a difference.”