TTM Project Manager
What's the role?
• Lead an interdisciplinary project team from market evaluation to market introduction of new products respectively product systems.
• Manage projects of medium to high complexity.
• Secure achievement of project targets from a quality, cost, performance and time perspective.
Who is Hilti?
In case you’re new to the industry, you might not have heard of us. We provide leading-edge tools, technologies, software and services for the global construction sector. We have a proud heritage, built over 75 years, and a worldwide reputation for pioneering products and first-rate service. With more than 29,000 people in more than 120 countries, we’re a great place for you to show us your worth as you learn, grow and carve out your career.
What does the role involve?
1. Ensure documentation according to Hilti internal and external rules, standards and guidelines.
2. Manage technical risks: qualification of product(s) and processes, early warning system and complaint handling, (technical risk assessment, product hazard analysis).
3. Definition of Business Opportunity Description (BOD), Duty Description (Lastenheft), Pflichtenheft as well as INP targets in close co-operation with all stakeholders, in particular Market Organization, Business Units, Development/ Test, Marketing, Quality, Supply and Code & Approval (all ACDS).
4. Identify and translate customer needs into product specifications (Duty Description/ Lastenheft) resulting in/ leading to a sustainable value proposition vs. offering from key competitors; align “must have” and “nice to have” requirements with key stakeholders (value engineering).
5. Target setting, project planning, monitoring and reporting to cover: resources, costs, investment, timing, progress.
6. Ensure achievement of project targets; initiate corrective actions if project targets are endangered.
7. Lead interdisciplinary project team with co-ordination of all Hilti internal and external interfaces.
8. Provide an environment that each project team member can contribute the to the highest and best extent; ensure coaching/ support on functional expertise is available and provided if and where needed (support functional team leads in developing team members).
9. Ensure communication within project team as well as all relevant stakeholders (ACDS/ BU Management Team, Lead Market Organizations).
10. Lead projects of medium to high complexity (complexity in respect to number of stake holders, complexity of product/ manufacturing technology, novelty of application to Hilti/ degree of paradigm shift), involved product lines, overall financial impact, degree of change in value proposition, complexity of approval process).
11. Secure availability, quality and on time delivery of all aspects required for gate release.
12. In charge of hand-over to product care upon project closure.
13. Mentor new to Hilti/ new to position Project Managers Jr.
14. Support Head of Project Management in project resource allocation considering individual project team members strengths/ weaknesses and DISC profiles.
15. Provide feedback to line managers on individual project team members Performance (PMP) and Development (SMD).
What do we offer?
We’ll give you everything you need to excel in your role, including ongoing training and lots of responsibility from the start. In return for your exceptional performance and consistent results, you’ll receive one-to-one career mentoring, as well as exciting opportunities to broaden your role and potentially move around the business. This is the perfect place for a global career.
Why should you apply?
We have an excellent mix of people, which we believe makes for a more vibrant, more innovative, more productive team. So, if you’ve never worked in construction, that’s fine with us. Success at Hilti is down to teamwork and ability, no matter what your background.
What you need is:
- University graduate in engineering or equivalent.
- Minimum three to five years of experience in project management of medium to highly complex projects in an industrial environment.
- Proven track record in managing cross-functional teams in different locations in a matrix organization.
- Sound experience with gate/ stage process, preferably TTM process.
- Proficiency/ fluent in English and Mandarin, every further language is an asset.
- Superior PC knowledge in all standard Microsoft Windows applications.
- Analytical skills, strategic thinking, able to think in scenarios.
- Experience in managing different stakeholders in different locations with different needs for information.
- High organisational awareness /resourceful use of influence.
- Ability to work to time lines and deliver superior results also under pressure.
- Motivational, initiative, persuasive and proactive.
- Excellent interpersonal, presentation and communication skills at all levels.
- Experience to work with/ in different cultures.
- Able and willing to contribute to personal growth of project team members.
- Great team player.